Saturday, September 1, 2012

August Vegan Food Swap



Last month, I signed up for a Vegan Food Swap that is hosted by Cat from The Verdant Life.  I had been reading about bloggers doing these swaps for awhile now, so I was super excited to find one I could join.  August was my first month participating and it was a lot of fun.  I sent goodies to Steffi from Don't Fear The Vegan (I love the name of her blog, every time I see it I can't help but think of Don't Fear The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult), and I received goodies from a non blogger named Jannifer from Texas.  One of the really neat things about this vegan food swap is that you don't have to be a blogger to join.

Jannifer is lucky, she lives in the hometown of Whole Foods.  Since we don't have one nearby, it was awesome to receive goodies specific to them.  I love, love, love berries, and mixed berry to me means extra yumminess, so I was immediately excited to see the Mixed Berry Conserve.  As a matter of fact, the morning after I opened my food swap package, I put a little conserve on top of my oatmeal for breakfast.


That same night I mixed a little in with some frozen berries, and made a delicious sauce to top my Almond Dream ice cream.  Amazing!

Mexican night was in store (sorry no pictures) with the yummy Herdez Salsa she sent, along with the Whole Foods Organic Taco Seasoning.  She also sent me some Whole Foods Organic Peruvian Barbecue Seasoning which I haven't tried yet (I've just been so busy), but I am planning on using it soon.  I've been thinking it'd be really good on some baked tofu.


The Sahale Soledad Snacks she sent me had a nice blend of salty, spicy, and sweet.  It has almonds,  apple, flax seeds, dates, balsamic vinegar, and red pepper.  I dug into these almost as soon as I opened my box.  :)

She also sent me some Wizard's Vegan Worcestershire Sauce, which I'm eager to try.  I usually use Annie's brand, since it's easy for me to get where I live.  I don't know if there is much difference in taste, but Jannifer said she would be curious to hear what I think.  I will have to post after I try it.  I don't know if any of you have tried both.

Lastly, I got two individual squeeze packets of raw cashew butters from Artisana.  One was the Acai Berry and one was the Berry AntiOxidant.  I have got to see if I can find these someplace local.

Thanks again Jannifer!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see this post! I tried the Acai Berry nut butter. A little thinner than I expected. I hope you enjoy the rest of your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been enjoying them. I just baked some tofu using the Peruvian BBQ seasoning as a rub. Can't wait to have it for dinner tonight. :) Even though the nut butter was a little thinner, I loved the flavor. The Acai Berry was my favorite. I'm going to look around to see if I can find it locally.

      Delete
  2. If you find the nut butter locally or through the buying club, let me know. It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete