Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Busy, Busy Week Means A Bunch Of Quick Breakfasts

I have been really busy this week!  Most days I've been up and running pretty early.  My breakfasts haven't been anything too elaborate, but they have been good.


One of my quick go to breakfasts, leftover quinoa (when I'm planning on using it for breakfast, I make it with plain water or non dairy milk) reheated with more almond milk, dried cherries, and sliced banana.


Super easy Carrot Cake and Zucchini Bread Oatmeal from The Vegan Slow Cooker by Kathy Hester.  This really does sort of taste like a marriage between carrot cake, zucchini bread, and oatmeal.  The next time I make this I will probably only use half the sweetener she calls for, it was a little sweet for me, although still amazing.  I love that she uses steel cut oats for her slow cooked oatmeal, and it is great to put it in the crock pot before you go to bed at night, and wake up to yummy oatmeal in the morning.  She has tons of oatmeal (and other) recipes on her blog that look delicious.  I can see using these recipes a lot when the weather gets colder.


Another couldn't be easier breakfast.  Nature's Path Chia Plus frozen waffles, heated in the toaster oven for a few minutes, then topped with homemade peach jam given to me by a friend.  These waffles are another thing I just tried for the first time this month, and they are really good.  They are also gluten free.


My most elaborate breakfast this week.  I did actually take the time to make a throw together tofu scramble one morning.  I had it with whole wheat toast and honeydew.

Something I've been eating for breakfast, snack, and even dessert lately, is Nature's Path Apple Crumble Love Crunch.  The story about how the original Love Crunch came to be is nice, it's on the back of the bag, plus they donate money and organic food to a food bank for every bag purchased.  I like the Dark Chocolate and Red Berries flavor (I think this might actually be the one they originally created, the dark chocolate and the apple are the two flavors that are vegan), but the Apple Crumble is the one that's really stolen my heart.  The apple is so good I almost have to hide the bag from myself when I buy it.  :)











No comments:

Post a Comment